May 5, 2018
Accepting applications through Thursday, June 14, 7:30 p.m. ET
Apply today for the 2018 NURSE CORPS Scholarship Program!
The NURSE Corps Scholarship Program awards funds to students enrolled in a diploma, associate, baccalaureate, or graduate degree nursing program in exchange for their commitment to serve in high-need, underserved communities. Scholarship support includes payment of tuition, required fees, other reasonable educational costs, and a monthly living stipend.
After completion of graduation/training, recipients can fulfill their service commitment at a number of approved health care facilities currently experiencing a critical shortage of nurses. Each scholar serves for a minimum of two years and receives one year of financial support (up to four years) for each additional year of service.
Before you Apply
Before you apply, read the annually updated Application and Program Guidance. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions of the NURSE Corps contract, which outlines the requirement for fulfilling your minimum two years of service at an eligible Critical Shortage Facility.
To be eligible for a scholarship, all applicants must:
- Be a U.S. citizen (born or naturalized), a national, or a lawful permanent resident;
- Be enrolled—or accepted for enrollment—in a professional nursing degree program at an accredited school of nursing in the U.S.;
- begin classes no later than September 30, 2018;
- Be free from any federal judgment liens;
- Be free from any other existing service commitment;
- Not be overdue on a federal debt.
Learn more about the NURSE Corps Scholarship Program and application process.
Join one of our NURSE Corps Scholarship Application Technical Assistance Calls:
- Thursday, May 17, 3-4:30 p.m. ET
- Thursday, May 31, 3-4:30 p.m. ET