Date: August 23, 2022
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Office of Minority Health (CMS OMH) would like to share this message on behalf of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP).
HRSA FORHP will be making approximately 44 awards of up to $300,000 each for the 2023 Rural Health Network Development (RHND) Program. This four-year program will support integrated health care networks who collaborate to achieve efficiencies; expand access to, coordinate, and improve the quality of basic health care services and associated health outcomes; and strengthen the rural health care system as a whole. HRSA intends for the RHND Program to address gaps in service, enhance systems of care, and expand capacity of the local rural health care system.
The RHND Program will focus on the following four program domains:
- Improve access: by addressing gaps in care, workforce shortages, better workflows and/or improving the quality of health care services
- Expand capacity and services: by creating effective systems through the development of knowledge, skills, structures, and leadership models
- Enhance outcomes: by improving patient and/or network development outcomes through expanding or strengthening the network’s services, activities or interventions
- Sustainability: by positioning the network to prepare for sustainable health programs through value-based care and population health management.
Eligible organizations must be located in a domestic public or private, non-profit or for-profit entities, including faith-based, community-based, tribes and tribal organizations. The applicant organization may be located in a rural or urban area, but must have demonstrated experience serving, or the capacity to serve, rural underserved populations. The applicant organization must represent a network that includes at least three or more health care provider organizations and, at least 66% (or two-thirds) of network members must be located in a HRSA-designated rural area.
As FORHP continues to focus on sharing program outcomes, the identification and dissemination of rural evidence-based models maintains a priority. The Rural Health Information Hub (RHI hub) consists of a number of resources, including successful program models and evidence-based toolkits.
FORHP will hold a webinar for applicants on Wednesday September 7, 2022 from 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM EST. Log-in information is below:
- Call-In Number: 1-833-568-8864
- Meeting ID: 14653038
A recording will be made available for those who cannot attend.
Review the NOFO.