Date: August 20-21, 2021 – Holiday Inn Executive Center, Columbia, MO
The conference will be a Hybrid event, you may choose to attend in-person or using a virtual platform.
For conference details, accreditation and registration information, please visit the conference website.
Activity approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
To provide a forum for updating interdisciplinary health professionals caring for older adults in the community, regardless of living situation, in the ethical care and treatment of older adults including, medical management, interdisciplinary care, research, and system change.
- Describe and discuss ethical considerations in the care of older adults, including best practices in bereavement care and delirium management.
- Describe evidence-based recommendations which can enhance healthcare discussions and decisions made with caregivers and patients with dementia and COVID.
- Discuss how to appraise and appropriately manage health problems, including polypharmacy, in the older adult population.
- Recognize best clinical practices in the management of congestive heart failure, chronic pain, and substance use disorder.
- Review the most up-to-date information about optimal care for older adults, including rehabilitation, intimacy, and the use of medical marijuana.
- Describe and practice a patient-centered approach to serious illness conversations.