Date: December 15, 2021
The Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program (LRP) application deadline is January 13, 2022 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Your application must include information on your unpaid student loans to support undergraduate or graduate education and training for your nursing degree. Loan information is covered on pages 13-14 of the Application and Program Guidance.
Acceptable loans include those:
- Obtained by the applicant to cover school tuition and reasonable educational and living expenses associated with prerequisite and in-program course completion of their nursing degree.
Unacceptable loans include those which are:
- Repaid in full
- Obtained for non-nursing degrees or obtained for training in vocational or practical nursing.
- Not obtained from a government entity or private commercial student lending institution. (Note: Most loans made by private foundations to individuals are not eligible for repayment.)
- Primary Care Loans
- Parent PLUS Loans, which are under a parent’s name.
- Obtained from entities not subject to federal of state examination as lenders (e.g. family members and private institutions or lenders)
- Subject to cancellation
- Perkins loans
- Credit card debt
Applicants may submit loan information either electronically (for federal loans only) or manually. It may take some time to obtain documentation from your lenders, so you are encouraged to start early!
If you have federal loans, you can import them electronically using the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) where you can access your Aid Summary Report and pre-populate the loan fields. First, you must register and receive a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID), which you can do here.
NC LRP Application Virtual Technical Assistance webinar (Zoom link)
- Thursday, January 6 2022
- 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. ET
NC LRP Application & Program Guidance
Customer Care Center
For additional application questions, call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-221-9393 (TTY: 1-877-897-9910), Monday through Friday (except federal holidays), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.