Date: June 29, 2022
CDC Resources for Community Health Workers
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) wants to celebrate and recognize Community Health Workers (CHWs) and their role as an essential connector between communities, health care and social systems, and state health departments.
Explore this resource collection and enhance CHW work.
- Community Health Worker Resources Lists programs across CDC that offer CHW resources.
- Community Health Worker Toolkit Provides online training, lessons learned, and best practices to train and build the capacity of CHWs in their communities.
- National Association of Community Health Workers Document Resource Center Provides CHW leaders, current and potential employers, and payers with a searchable collection of documents on state-level CHW policies.
- Engaging Community Health Workers in the Development of a Statewide Infrastructure for Sustainability Presents a summary report and job aid from a CDC forum on promoting the long-term sustainability and financing of CHWs.
Guiders for CHWs to engage people with diabetes and those at risk for developing type 2 diabetes.
- New Beginnings: A Discussion Guide for Living Well With Diabetes is c
2022 update now available
- Road to Health Toolkit: How to Prevent or Delay Type 2 Diabetes in Your Community: A Resource for Community Health Workers is coming soon!
Both resources include expanded content and tips for virtual delivery.