August 1, 2018
Special Open Door Forum:
“Sharing Federal Strategies to Address the Opioid Epidemic”
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
1:30 -3:00 pm Eastern Time
Conference Call Only
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will host a Special Open Door Forum (SODF) for opioid prescribers to educate them on federal resources and strategies to combat the opioid epidemic.
The misuse of and addiction to opioids—including prescription pain relievers, heroin, and synthetic opioids such as fentanyl—is a serious national crisis that affects public health as well as social and economic welfare. This SODF brings together representatives from various federal agencies to discuss strategies and resources for safe prescribing as well as other opioid-related topics.
You will hear information from the following federal agencies:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food and Drug Administration
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Health & Human ServicesSpecial Open Door Participation Instructions:Conference ID #: 7785347A transcript and audio recording of this Special ODF will be posted to the Podcast and Transcripts website at https://www.cms.gov/Outreach-and-Education/Outreach/OpenDoorForums/PodcastAndTranscripts.html for downloading.Thank you for your interest in CMS Open Door Forums.
- For automatic emails of Open Door Forum schedule updates (E-Mailing list subscriptions) and to view Frequently Asked Questions please visit our website at http://www.cms.gov/opendoorforums/ .
- Note: TTY Communications Relay Services are available for the Hearing Impaired. For TTY services dial 7-1-1 or 1-800-855-2880. A Relay Communications Assistant will help.
- Participant Dial-In Number: 1-800-857-1738
- We look forward to your participation.