Date: April 18, 2022
CMS Innovation Center Listening Session: Strengthening Equitable Access to Advanced Primary Care
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Innovation Center invites you to join a listening session featuring representatives from patient advocacy groups and provider groups, as well as foundation and research experts, who will share insights on advanced primary care. Specifically, this event will be an opportunity to hear perspectives from thought leaders on the following questions:
- What are the current challenges facing primary care in the United States? What role should the CMS Innovation Center play in testing innovations to address those challenges?
- Advancing equity is a core goal for the CMS Innovation Center. What is needed to increase the reach of advanced primary care to underserved populations (e.g., recruitment of safety net providers, learnings supports and tools, financial incentives)?
- CMS is evaluating how to help all practices move from FFS to value-based payment. If provided with needed financial and other supports, how and when can smaller, independent practices begin assuming initial financial accountability for quality?
- What are the most significant barriers to improving coordination between primary and specialty care? What strategies can the CMS Innovation Center consider to facilitate coordination for beneficiaries?
- Within primary care, how can social determinants of health (SDOH) needs be captured appropriately? What are the greatest obstacles to assessing SDOH needs? How can primary care and community-based resources best work together to assist with SDOH needs?
The insights from this session will help inform the Center’s strategy across its portfolio and over the life cycle of models.
Webinar Date: April 26, 2022
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ET
IMPORTANT NOTE: Attendees may submit written comments or questions during the session in the Q&A window or via email to CMMIStrategy@cms.hhs.gov using the subject line “ADVANCED PRIMARY CARE LISTENING SESSION.” Please indicate if you would prefer not to have your comments read or wish to remain anonymous.
Thank you in advance for joining the CMS Innovation Center Listening Session: Strengthening Equitable Access to Advanced Primary Care.
For more information about the CMS Innovation Center’s new strategy and the future of value-based care:
- Visit the CMS Innovation Center Strategic Direction webpage, which includes materials from past events and more
- Read the CMS Innovation Center Strategy FAQs
- See the CMS Innovation Center Strategy Refresh At-a-Glance document
- Read the Center’s white paper: Driving Health System Transformation – A Strategy for the CMS Innovation Center’s Second Decade
- Visit the About the CMS Innovation Center webpage, for a video explaining how our models test new ways to provide better, more affordable care
- Follow us on Twitter
And, look for details on future listening sessions, model updates, and more via the CMMI listserv.