Date: March 3, 2022
Webinar Dates: March 15-16, 2022
Time: 10:00 AM ET
This VIRTUAL LIVE Bootcamp series covers what revenue cycle and coding/billing staff in Critical Access Hospitals (CAHs) need to know related to their documentation, professional and facility coding, and medical billing processes.
ArchProCoding will describe the vital areas that affect all members of the CAH workforce related to CPT, HCPCS-II,& ICD-10-CM coding and billing; focusing on their impact on revenue, facility mission, population, and public health reporting.
- Coders/billers who have come from “traditional provider offices or hospitals” or are new to the unique nature of billing for the services CAH and/or Small Rural Hospitals will benefit by gaining a better understanding of the CAH designation and CAH-specific rules for coding/billing.
- Managers who hire staff, manage people and policies, supervise the coding/billing staff will benefit by gaining a high-level overview of CAH designation criteria and the systems/processes required to main CAH status with emphasis on coding/billing.
- Providers who create clinical documentation (e.g. MD/DO/PA/NP) will benefit by gaining a better understanding of the coding/billing nuances that are specific to different hospital service areas.
Session #1 – March 15, 2022
- Introduction and Testing Details
- Overview of CAH Designation and Cost-Based Reimbursement
- Introduction/Review of Coding Manuals
- Swing Bed and Inpatient Coding
- Outpatient/Ancillary Facility Coding
- Emergency Department Facility and Professional Fee Coding
Session #2 – March 16, 2022
- Same-Day Surgery and Anesthesia Coding
- Hospital Professional Fee Coding
- Billing and reimbursement overview for Swing bed, Inpatient facility, Hospital Outpatient facility, and hospital professional fees
- The method I, Method II, and CRNA Pass-through payment option
- Revenue codes and their relationship to CPT codes, Billing, Compliance, and cost reporting
- Guidance on how improving current billing practices and systems can translate into increased revenues
- Identification of common issues that impact denials
- COVID-19 Coding/Billing Updates