White House Convening on American Rescue Plan Community Health Workforce Investments
The White House invites you to attend a virtual convening on Friday, September 30, 2022 at 10:00 AM ET to highlight the American Rescue Plan’s historic investments in the community health workforce.
Thanks to the American Rescue Plan, the Biden-Harris Administration has made the largest one-time investment in the community health workforce, which is deploying tens of thousands of people over the coming years into underserved communities to address health disparities, COVID-19, and other health needs exacerbated by the pandemic. These efforts include training and deploying Community Health Workers – an evidence-based, cost-effective intervention to improve population health and strengthen health systems.
Date: Friday, September 30th
Time: 10:00 AM ET
Register for the briefing here.
This event will feature Biden-Harris Administration officials, members of Congress, local elected officials, community-based organizations, and workers, including:
- Gene Sperling, White House American Rescue Plan Coordinator and Senior Advisor to the President
- Carole Johnson, Administrator of the Health Resources and Services Administration
- U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (NY)
- Congressman David Trone (MD-06)
- Mayor of Chicago Lori Lightfoot