On October 28, 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) issued an Interim Final Rule with Comment Period (IFC) that removes administrative barriers to eliminate potential delays to patient access to a lifesaving vaccine. In addition, the rule:
- Creates flexibilities for states maintaining Medicaid enrollment during the COVID19 PHE;
- Establishes enhanced Medicare payments for new COVID-19 treatments;
- Takes steps to ensure price transparency for COVID-19 tests, and
- Provides an extension of Performance Year 5 for the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) model; and
- Creates flexibilities in the public notice requirements and post-award public participation requirements for a State Innovation Waiver under Section 1332 of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act during the COVID-19 PHE.
The CMS Kansas City office is hosting two 1-hours conversations with sessions CMS staff regarding IFC-4 and the COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkits. They will provide a brief overview of IFC-4 and look at the resources available in the COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkits. Following the overview, the lines will open up to answer questions and listen to feedback. Information presented will be the same at both sessions; however, the listening portion will be unique to each session.
To register for the November 9 session from 10:00 – 11:00 AM CST, please click on the link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/registration-cms-kc-ifc-4-covid-19-vaccine-toolkits-listening-session-tickets-127913156695
To register for the November 10 session from 4:00 – 5:00 pm CST, please click on the link here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/registration-cms-kc-ifc-4-covid-19-vaccine-toolkits-listening-session-tickets-127927874717
Register for the session that works best for you or both if you are interested in hearing questions and feedback during both sessions. After you register, you will be provided a link to access your session(s). It is strongly encouraged to review the IFC and toolkit prior to the conversation. The IFC can be found at https://www.cms.gov/files/document/covid-vax-ifc-4.pdf and the toolkits can be found at https://www.cms.gov/covidvax.