June 11, 2017
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Kansas City Regional Office invites you to attend the 2017 Medicare National Training Program (NTP) Workshops.
This year we are pleased to offer the Workshop in 4 different locations. The same agenda and information will be provided at all Workshops.
When and Where
Kansas City, MO
Wednesday, August 9, 2017 12:30PM – 5:00PM
Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:00AM – 4:30PM
St. Louis, MO Area
Monday, August 14, 2017 12:30PM – 5:00PM
Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Thursday, August 24, 2017 12:30PM – 5:00PM
Friday, August 25, 2017 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Des Moines, IA
Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:30PM – 5:00PM
Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Topics to be covered are:
- Medicare 101 – Explains the Medicare Program including what it is, coverage and costs, coverage choices, enrollment, coordination of benefits, and how to fight fraud and abuse.
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) Policies – Explains how Medigap policies work with Medicare, what Medigap policies cover, how they are structured, and when to buy a Medigap policy.
- Medicare Advantage – Explains Medicare health plan options other than Original Medicare.
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage – Provides an overview of Medicare prescription drug coverage under Part A (Hospital insurance), Part B (Medical Insurance), and Part D (Prescription Drug Coverage).
- Medicare and Other Programs for People With Disabilities/SSA – Explains Medicare, Social Security benefits and other programs for people with disabilities.
- Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Prevention – Explains Medicare and Medicaid fraud and abuse prevention, detection, reporting, recovery and the Office of the Inspector General’s role in fighting healthcare fraud including showcasing resolved fraudulent Medicare and Medicaid cases.
- CMS’ Approach to Combating the Opioid Epidemic – Explains CMS’ goals, scope and focus on the misuse of opioids.
- Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program – Describes eligibility, benefits, and administration of Medicaid; Define eligibility, benefits, and administration of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- Casework – Hands-on experience working through case scenarios pertaining to Medicare Parts C & D.
- Current Topics – Explains new policies, innovations, and legislation.
- CMS Program Resources – Outlines key websites, associated resources, and tools for the programs administered by CMS—Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), and the Federally-facilitated Health Insurance Marketplace.
- Opportunities to network with CMS staff and subject matter experts and other organizations working with the Medicare/Medicaid population.
As always, there will be no charge to you for the training; however, CMS will not be able to provide food or drinks.
We will be providing materials electronically to attendees prior to the Workshop. Attendees will be responsible for bringing any hard copies of materials they would like, or have access to them electronically on their own personal device. Please make sure your email address in your registration is correct.
In addition, if you register for a Workshop and then later determine you are unable to attend please access Eventbrite and cancel your ticket so others can attend. Those who register and do not attend may be placed on a wait list for future CMS events.
We look forward to your participation. If you have any questions or have difficulty registering, please contact Lorelei Schieferdecker at Lorelei.email@example.com.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Kansas City Regional Office
601 E 12th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106