Date: August 12, 2021
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM CT
The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA), Office of Regional Operations (ORO) in Regions 5, 6, and 7 invite you to a webinar on Racial Equity and Maternal Health. This webinar is part of ORO Regions 5, 6, and 7’s Maternal Health Webinar Series. The series’ goal is to highlight innovations and promising practices as well as resources to promote and further maternal health and well-being across the lifespan.
Topics at a Glance
- Share an overview of maternal morbidity and mortality data from Michigan
- Describe alignment of Fetal Infant Mortality Review and Maternal Mortality Review Committee recommendations issued and dissemination process
- Share innovative practices implemented by the Southeast Michigan Perinatal Quality Improvement Coalition (SEMPQIC) to improve black maternal health outcomes
- Explain Maternal Health Learning and Innovation Center’s work in relation to the broader maternal health field
- Identify ways that the Maternal Health Learning and Innovation Center’s resources and technical assistance can be utilized in maternal health work
- Identify ways that the Maternal Health Learning and Innovation Center has sought to center equity in its work
- Dawn M. Shanafelt, Director, Division of Maternal & Infant Health, & Director, Title V Maternal Child Health, Michigan Department of Health & Human Services
- Audra Brummel, Infant Health Consultant, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Melissa Limon-Flegler, Michigan Maternal Mortality Surveillance (MMMS) Program Coordinator, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Lynell Hodges, Core Manager, Maternal Health Learning and Innovation Center (MHLIC), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Gillings School of Global Public Health
Register for the webinar here. After registering, you will receive the confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar on August 12th.
For more information about the webinar, contact Amanda Waldrup at AWaldrup@hrsa.gov.
For more resources and tools about maternal health, visit https://www.hrsa.gov/maternal-health.
If you would like to request an auxiliary aid such as Sign Language Interpretive Services, please contact the HRSA Office for Civil Rights, Diversity, and Inclusion at RA- Request@hrsa.gov at least 5 business days prior to the date of the event.