November 15, 2022
New Funding Opportunity Available
Teaching Health Center Planning and Development (THCPD) Program Grant number: HRSA-23-015
Purpose: To establish new accredited community-based primary care medical or dental residency programs and residency programs in family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, internal medicine-pediatrics, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology, general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, or geriatrics to address shortages in the primary care physician and dental workforce and challenges faced by in rural and underserved communities.
An eligible entity is a community-based ambulatory patient care center that will operate an accredited primary care residency program such as:
- Federally qualified health centers;
- Community mental health centers;
- Entities receiving funds under Title X of the PHS Act;
- Rural health clinics; and
- Health centers operated by the Indian Health Service, an Indian tribe or tribal organization, or an urban Indian organization.
Awards: HRSA anticipates awarding approximately $23.5 million to 47 recipients through this funding opportunity