June 20, 2018
The 2018 NHSC New Site Application is now open and will close on August 14, 2018 at 11:59 PM ET. Eligible sites include health care facilities that generally provide outpatient, ambulatory, and primary health care services (medical, dental, and behavioral) to populations residing in high-need urban and rural areas.
New This Year!
NHSC recently received $105 million for future NHSC Loan Repayment Program awards that expand and improve access to quality opioid and substance use disorder treatment in rural and underserved areas. Outpatient substance use disorder (SUD) treatment facilities are also now eligible to apply if you provide any of these services:
- General Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Treatment
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT)
- Opioid Treatment Program (OTP)
- Physically located in a federally designated Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA); to determine if your facility is located in a HPSA, contact your local state Primary Care Office (PCO) or search HPSA Find.
- Be a primary care outpatient facility, or a CMS-certified Critical Access Hospital that provides medical, dental or mental and behavioral health services.
- Utilize a qualified discounted/sliding fee schedule and have had it in place for at least six months.
- Not deny services to an individual based on inability to pay or enrollment in Medicare, Medicaid, or a state Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP).
- Utilize a credentialing process that includes, at a minimum, reference review, licensure verification, and a query of the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB).
- Prominently display a statement in common areas (and on the website, if applicable) that explicitly states that no one will be denied access to services due to inability to pay; and a discounted/sliding fee schedule is available.
As an NHSC-approved site, you will receive assistance in the recruitment and retention of qualified and dedicated primary care providers and access to the Health Workforce Connector, where you can promote your site and post job openings. Additionally, you have direct access to state Primary Care Offices that help to increase access to primary health care services in your community.
Interested sites are encouraged to participate in any of these upcoming events, which will offer application help and technical assistance to those interested in becoming an NHSC-approved Site.
- NHSC Site Application Webinar
Wednesday, June 27
1:00 – 2:00 PM ET
Dial in: 1-855-719-5011
- NHSC Site Application Online Q & A Session
Wednesday, July 11
1:00 – 2:00 PM ET
One of the ways a health care site can retain talented clinicians is through the National Health Service Corps programs. Check out this helpful video!
If you have questions, contact your Division of Regional Operations Point of Contact.