December 09, 2022
Now Available! December MBQIP Monthly
MBQIP Monthly is an e-newsletter that highlights current information about the Medicare Beneficiary Quality Improvement Project (MBQIP) and provides critical access hospitals (CAHs) information and support for quality reporting and improvement. MBQIP Monthly is produced through the Rural Quality Improvement Technical Assistance program by Stratis Health.
Current Issue: MBQIP Monthly December 2022
- CAHs Can! National Rural Virtual Quality Improvement Mentor Profile Series: Tammy Suchy
- Data: CAHs Measure Up – Antibiotic Stewardship Program Reporting Implementation Update
- Tips: Robyn Quips – Abstracting and Reporting Resources
- Tools and Resources – Helping CAHs succeed in Quality Reporting & Improvement
Flex programs are encouraged to distribute MBQIP Monthly to their CAHs as an additional resource to supplement state-level MBQIP support (just forward the above summary to your hospitals).
- Reminder! MBQIP Data Reporting Reminders
For use by Flex Programs in helping CAHs with quality data reporting by reminding them of upcoming data submission deadlines, corresponding collection time periods, and submission tools. The December 2022 Reporting Reminder Template can be found on the MBQIP Data Reporting Reminders webpage.
Flex programs, please tailor this information and distribute it to CAHs as appropriate for your state.
- New! Best Practices in Patient Experience at CAHs: Incorporating Lessons from COVID-19
This Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) best practice study includes strategies that high-performing CAHs employed to maintain the best possible health care experience for patients despite the coronavirus pandemic. It is an update to HCAHPS approaches collected from high-performing CAHs across the U.S. during focus group interviews conducted in late 2016.
- Upcoming Office Hours! Ask Robyn – Quarterly Open Office Hour Call for Data Abstractors | Tuesday, January 24, 2023, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. CT Register
Sometimes it just helps to talk to someone! Quality Reporting Specialist Robyn Carlson offers open office hour calls to discuss your MBQIP abstraction questions. Sessions are free of charge, but registration is required. For more information about the Ask Robyn calls, contact Robyn Carlson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you have MBQIP questions, please contact email@example.com.