Date: January 25, 2022
The Open Payments data has been updated to reflect changes to the data that took place since the last publication in June 2021. The updated dataset is now available for viewing at https://openpaymentsdata.cms.gov/.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Service (CMS) refreshes the Open Payments data at least once annually to include updates from disputes and other data corrections made since the initial publication of the data. The refreshed Open Payments Data Set includes:
- Record Updates: Changes to non-disputed records made on or before November 15, 2021, are published.
- Disputed Records: Dispute resolutions completed on or before December 31, 2021 are displayed with the updated information. Records with active disputes that remained unresolved as of December 31, 2021 are displayed as disputed.
- Record Deletions: Records deleted before December 31, 2021 were removed from the Open Payments database. Records deleted after December 31, 2021, remained in the database, but will be removed during the next data publication in June 2022.
The following is not included in the data refresh:
- Any records submitted to the Open Payments system for the first time after the close of the Program Year 2020 submission window (March 31, 2021).
- Any records disputed and for which dispute resolution resulted in a change to the covered recipient.
Updates not included in the refresh are due to the requirement that covered recipients must have an opportunity to review their attributed data for accuracy. For more information about the Open Payments Program timeline, visit www.cms.gov/openpayments
Applicable manufacturers and group purchasing organizations (GPOs) submitted the Open Payments financial data; CMS publishes the data as received and does not alter the data in any way.