Date: May 20, 2022
Public Health Scholarship Program Top 5 FAQs and Webinar Recording
Top Five FAQs
Q1: What are the eligible entities for the PHSP?
A: Eligible entities are:
- A health professions school, including an accredited school or program of public health, health administration, preventive medicine, or dental public health or a school providing health management programs
- An academic health center
- A state or local government
- Any other appropriate public or private nonprofit entity
Q2: How do I document my accreditation?
A: Health professions schools and programs must provide documentation of accreditation as an attachment labeled Attachment 10. Documentation must include:
- A statement that you hold continuing accreditation from the relevant accrediting body and are not under probation,
- The dates of initial accreditation and next accrediting body review,
- The accreditation start and expiration dates; and
- A web link to the accreditation status.
Q3: What is the maximum amount of scholarship per trainee?
A: The maximum amount of scholarship per trainee is $45,000 per year for full time, and $22,500 per year, per trainee in a part-time training program.
Q4: How do I download the HRSA-22-122 notice of funding opportunity application guidance?
- Selecting the “Package” Tab
- Select “Preview”
- Select the “Download Instructions” button
Q5: Where do I need to register in order to apply?
A: Register in the System for Award Management (SAM). Once complete, you will receive your Unique Entity Identifier (UEI). (Note: This replaced the Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number on April 4, 2022.) Register in Grants.gov
More questions? Check out the FAQs and Technical Assistance Webinar recording.
The application deadline is June 1, 2022.