The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) invites you to view the updated recorded session on Telehealth and COVID-19. The content has been updated to reflect recent changes in telehealth policies as well as the Telehealth Centers of Excellence and Avera’s current successes in delivering health care through the use of technology.
- Review current telehealth policies under COVID-19
- Discuss successful telehealth approaches/models to address the unique challenges in health care delivery during the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., Virtual Screenings and Consultations, Remote Patient Monitoring, Tele-Emergency, Tele-ICU)
- Highlight technical resources to assist in the development and expansion of telehealth programs
- Mei Kwong, JD, Executive Director, Center for Connected Health Policy
- Dee W. Ford, MD, MSCR, Professor, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina Project Director, Telehealth Center of Excellence Medical Director, Tele-ICU & ICU Innovations
- Richard L. Summers, MD, FACEP Associate Vice Chancellor for Research, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Billy S. Guyton Distinguished Professor, Professor and Chair Emeritus Department of Emergency Medicine, Previous Lead Scientist for NASA Digital Astronaut Project
- Brian S. Skow, MD MBA CPE FACEP, Chief Medical Officer, Avera eCARE
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of PeerPoint Medical Education Institute and Health Resources and Services Administration. PeerPoint Medical Education Institute is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
PeerPoint Medical Education Institute designates the enduring material format for this educational activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
To access archived sessions of the telehealth learning series, click on the links below.
- Telehealth for HIV Care: A Follow-Up Discussion
- Expanding HIV Prevention Efforts and Treatment through Telehealth
- Centers of Excellence: Leveraging Academic Excellence to Advance Telehealth Knowledge
- The Use of Telehealth to Improve Children’s Access to Health Care
- The Use of Telehealth to Increase Access to Dental Care
For more telehealth resources and tools, visit https://www.hrsa.gov/rural-health/telehealth/index.html and https://telehealth.hhs.gov/.