Date: December 9, 2021
Learning Series: Advancing Equity in Maternal & Infant Health – Session #3
The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA), Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS), Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health invite you to the third and final session in our learning series on Advancing Equity in Maternal & Infant Health. The third session will focus on strategies to address contributors to maternal and infant health disparities.
This three-part series will define health equity, highlight disparities in maternal and infant health outcomes among disproportionally affected populations in Region 7 (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska), and identify systemic issues that are contributing to these health disparities. The sessions will engage participants in interactive discussions to identify strategies to improve maternal and infant health equity among communities of color and marginalized and rural populations, as well as strategies for addressing systemic issues in health care organizations that may adversely impact maternal and infant health.
Session Date and Time
- Session 3:
- Date: January 11, 2022
- Time: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm CT
Series Topics at a Glance
- Define health equity and health disparities in the context of maternal and infant health.
- Discuss maternal and infant health data in Region 7 including maternal mortality, severe maternal morbidity, preterm birth rates, and infant mortality.
- Identify systemic issues that contribute to disparities in maternal and infant health outcomes in Region 7.
- Identify strategies to improve health equity among communities of color and marginalized and rural populations.
- Identify strategies for addressing systemic issues in health care organizations that adversely impact maternal and infant health.
- Elizabeth Lewis, MPA, WHNP-BC, MSN, BSN, RN, Director of Maternal & Infant Health Initiatives, March of Dimes
- Christian I.J. Minter, MSLIS, Manager of Maternal & Infant Health Initiatives, March of Dimes
Register for the webinar here. After registering, you will receive the confirmation email containing information about joining the session.
Weren’t able to attend the first and second sessions? The recordings for these sessions are below.
For questions about the series, please contact Rae Hutchison at CHutchison@hrsa.gov.