April 23, 2018
Free Webinar this Thursday: Diminishing Access to Rural Maternity Care and Associated Changes in Birth Location and Outcomes
Date: Thursday, April 26, 2018
Time: 10:00 am Pacific, 11:00 am Mountain, 12:00 pm Central, 1:00 pm Eastern
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
This webinar, presented by Carrie Henning-Smith, PhD, MPH, MSW, Deputy Director of the University of Minnesota Rural Health Research Center, will describe recent work from the Center on loss of hospital-based obstetric care in rural areas, including the overall change in availability of care and the county-level socio-demographic correlates of losing services. It will also include information from a study published in JAMA in March 2018, describing changes in birth location and outcomes following obstetric services loss in rural areas.
- Link: https://hrsa.connectsolutions.com/gateway_webinar/
- Dial-in Number: 888.469.1674
- Participant Passcode: 3080476
The webinar is free, no registration is required, but participation is limited to the first 200 to log-on that day. If the webinar reaches capacity, you will be able to access the recording, archived on the Gateway website.
Rural Health Research Gateway
Additional Resources of Interest:
- Challenges Related to Pregnancy and Returning to Work after Childbirth in a Rural, Tourism-Dependent Community
- Closure of Hospital Obstetric Services Disproportionately Affects Less-Populated Counties
- State Variability in Access to Hospital-Based Obstetric Services in Rural US Counties