New NHSC Site Application closes on May 25.
One of the key pieces of your application documentation is for the Sliding Fee Discount Program. You need to upload the following as part of your application:
- Policy on the Sliding Fee Discount Program — should apply to all residents of your site’s Health Professional Shortage Area(s) (HPSA(s)) and include the following information:
- Definitions of income and family size
- Patient eligibility procedures
- Frequency of re-evaluation of eligibility
- Advertisement of the sliding fee discount program to the patient population
- Nominal charge (if applicable)
- Collections policy (if applicable)
- Sliding Fee Schedule
- Based on most current Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG)
- It is calculated based on Family Size/Income
- Goes up to at least 200% of FPG
- Offers full discount for families with income at or below 100% of FPG
- Adjust fees based on family size and income for families with incomes above 100% and at/below 200% of the FPG.
- Patient Application for Sliding Fee Discount Program
- Posted Signage Notifying Patients about the Sliding Fee Discount Program
Remember: eligibility for the Sliding Fee Discount Program at National Health Service Corps (NHSC)-approved sites must be based solely on family size and income. Please be sure your documents reflect this important feature of NHSC.
For additional information about Sliding Fee Discount Program documentation, review pages 9-13 of the 2021 NHSC Site Reference Guide.