Date: March 24, 2022
The application deadline is March 31, 2022
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), through the American Rescue Plan, has invested in the Teaching Health Center Graduate Medical Education (THCGME) Program. It will support the training of residents in primary care residency training programs in community-based ambulatory patient care centers. Programs will prepare residents to provide high quality care, particularly in rural and underserved communities, and develop competencies to serve these diverse populations and communities.
Approximately 30 grantees will receive a total of $19.2 million to support new resident Full Time Equivalent (FTE) positions at new and existing teaching health centers.
An eligible entity is a community-based ambulatory patient care center that:
- Operates an accredited primary care residency program. Specific examples of eligible outpatient settings include, but are not limited to:
- Federally qualified health centers
- Community mental health centers
- Rural health clinics
- Health centers operated by the Indian Health service, an Indian tribe or tribal organization, or an urban Indian organization
- Has formed a Graduate Medical Education (GME) consortium that operates an accredited primary care residency program.
Non-community-based ambulatory patient care settings, such as teaching hospitals, health care systems and/or networks, and academic institutions holding the institutional sponsorship of a primary care residency program are not eligible to receive THCGME funding.
Additional information on eligibility:
- All applicants that meet eligibility criteria, including those that applied through the fiscal year 2022 THCGME NOFO (HRSA-22-105), may apply through this announcement for resident full-time positions as the baseline requirements (Academic Year 2018-2019) have changed and applicants may be eligible for additional resident full-time positions.
- Applicants that did not receive an award under announcement HRSA-22-105 may also apply through this announcement.
Application Help is Available: