Date: February 8, 2022
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) invites you to a free webinar on Innovative Rural Health Programs. Come and join us to learn about HRSA-funded programs and resources that support rural health and telehealth. This upcoming webinar will feature two recipients from HRSA’s Telehealth Network Grant Program (TNGP). The TNGP’s purpose is to promote rural Tele-emergency services by enhancing telehealth networks to deliver Emergency Department (ED) consultation services via telehealth to rural providers without emergency care specialists.
Date: Monday, February 28, 2022
Time: 2:00 – 3:00pm CT
Register for the session here.
- Review and discuss the significance of healthcare disparities in rural Emergency Medical Services (EMS) and their impact on outcomes in time-sensitive emergency conditions
- Highlight key steps to developing a telemedicine solution in EMS as evidenced by Emory Rural Tele-EMS Network (ER-TEMS) to address key contributors to worse outcomes in time-sensitive conditions
- Propose an action plan for rural providers to incorporate tele-EMS solutions into normal operations
- State the demonstrated benefits of using telepsychiatry in mental health settings and identify the infrastructure needs to implement telepsychiatry services
- Describe how North Carolina Statewide Telepsychiatry Program (NC-STeP) is addressing problems in areas of access to quality (evidence-based) mental health services
Sy Saeed, MD, MS, FACPsych, Chairperson, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
Kalyan Muppavarapu, MD, MPH, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
Michael J. Carr, MD, FACEP, Assistant Professor, Department of Emergency Medicine, Prehospital and Disaster Medicine Section, Emory University School of Medicine
This webinar is part of HRSA’s Telehealth Learning Webinar Series. The series’ goal is to highlight successful projects/best practices as well as resources to promote and further the use of telehealth technologies for health care delivery, education, and health information services.
For more information about the series, contact Nancy Rios at NRios@hrsa.gov.
For more resources and tools about telehealth, visit telehealth.hhs.gov and https://www.hrsa.gov/rural-health/telehealth/index.html