Diagnosis and treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection
Wednesday, Oct 13, 2021 2:30-3:30 pm CST
- Introduce Helicobacter pylori infection and associated antimicrobial resistance
- Familiarize attendees with testing for H. pylori infection
- Share information about a new PCR test for detection of H. pylori and simultaneous characterization of clarithromycin resistance, and its potential benefits in rural settings
- Provide an overview of proper utilization and timing of H. pylori testing using an algorithmic approach
Swing Beds and the Best Way to Improve Your Outcomes: Transitional Care
Thursday, October 14, 1:00 – 2:00 pm CST
Allevant, a joint venture between Mayo Clinic and Select Medical, helps Critical Access Hospitals thrive by developing post-acute Transitional Care programs using available Swing Beds. Focused on helping patients transition to their highest level of independence, Transitional Care is a program that involves the patient and family, makes available the full resources of the Critical Access Hospital, and focuses on measured outcomes and evidence-based processes to ensure patients get the best care possible. The Transitional Care Program is centered on teamwork, communication, and collaboration. Along with project management, staff training and education, a quality database, and process improvement; Allevant also provides marketing support and referral education to help Critical Access Hospitals grow their Swing Bed volume.
What you will learn:
- Participants will be able to understand the value of developing high-quality Post-Acute Transitional Care in Critical Access Hospitals in response to a growing patient population and demands and challenges in acute care hospitals.
- Participants will be able to begin to quantify the opportunity, understand the key steps to initiate, implement and track progress in developing high-quality Post-Acute Transitional Care.
- Participants will learn how Transitional Care is an effective way to incorporate population health, chronic disease management, and wellness.
400 Rural Hospitals Hit by Ransomware in Last 12 Months – Learn How to Protect Your Hospital
Friday, Oct 29, 2:00-3:00 pm CST
Rural hospitals are being targeted for cyberattacks. In the last 12 months, over 400 Critical Access and Rural hospitals fell victim to a cyberattack. Join NRHA for this educational session where NRHA will share information around modern ransomware attacks, what to look out for, strategies to lessen your chances of being a victim of ransomware, and how to respond if you do fall victim to an attack. You’ll also see a demo of a ransomware attack in progress. NRHA will review tactic examples, the financial impact of a ransomware attack, defensive strategies, and threats for rural hospitals.