Date: August 5, 2020
Time: 2:00 PM CT
COVID-19 has highlighted existing disparities in broadband access for rural and underserved communities, more commonly called the “digital divide”.
Connect Americans Now is a coalition of more than 270 organizations and companies representing voices for agriculture, healthcare, education, small business, technology, veterans, rural advocacy and more – committed to completely eliminating the digital divide by supporting a mixed-technology approach that leverages the full potential of every tool in the nation’s toolbox.
This opportunity is open to all rural interested rural stakeholders, but space is limited. Please be sure to register early to secure your spot.
During the session, we will discuss:
- The impact of the digital divide on every aspect of life for rural Americans and the urgency for action, particularly in the time of COVID-19.
- The Connect Americans Now coalition and our mission to support technology neutral solutions to completely eliminate the digital divide.
- The commendable progress that has been made by policymakers to clear regulatory burdens to innovations, maximize spectrum resources, expand access to telehealth solutions, improve data and expand connectivity.
- The state of play for solutions to bridge the digital divide and actions Congress can take now to tackle this urgent problem.
- Feedback, questions, insights or anecdotes from National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health members and stakeholders.
Presenter: Jon Conradi, Outreach Director, Connect Americans Now