Date: July 14, 2021
Time: 11:00 AM CT
The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA), Office of Regional Operations (ORO) in Regions 5, 6, and 7 invite you to a webinar on Intimate Partner Violence and Maternal Access to Care. This webinar is part of ORO Regions 5, 6, and 7’s Maternal Health Webinar Series. The series’ goal is to highlight innovations and promising practices as well as resources to promote and further maternal health and well-being across the lifespan.
Topics at a Glance
- HRSA Strategy to Address Intimate Partner Violence’s (IPV) priority areas, select accomplishments, sustainable elements, and implications
- HRSA whole-agency approach to a critical health priority
- Intersections of IPV with other health priorities such as substance use and maternal health
- Influence of IPV on sexual health
- Main barriers that prevent a women who has experienced IPV from obtaining healthcare
- Strategies to support survivors in promoting sexual health and overcoming healthcare barriers
- Stephen Hayes, Public Health Analyst, Office of Women’s Health, Health Resources and Services Administration
- Dr. Meredith Bagwell-Gray, Assistant Professor, School of Social Welfare, University of Kansas
Register for the webinar here. After registering, you will receive the confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar on July 14th.
For more information about the webinar, contact Rae Hutchison at CHutchison@hrsa.gov.
For more resources and tools about maternal health, visit https://www.hrsa.gov/maternal-health.