Date: September 9, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM CT
The Immunization Action Coalition (IAC) will be holding two interactive webinars in September to emphasize vigilance in preventing influenza in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- influenza surveillance in US and worldwide;
- changes in circulation of other common respiratory pathogens, e.g., recent increases in RSV and other non-COVID-19 viruses;
- changes in vaccine strains and changes in influenza ACIP recommendations;
- the impact of influenza;
- communications issues providers may face with regards to perceptions of the need for influenza vaccination; and
- a public perspective on the importance of influenza vaccination and advocacy for vulnerable populations (chronic issues).
Following the presentations there will be time for an interactive discussion with our presenters (listed below) and other IAC experts.
- Alicia Budd, MPH, Epidemiologist, Epidemiology and Prevention Branch of the Influenza Division in CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
- Robert Hopkins, Jr., MD, MACP, FAAP, Professor of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics and Chief of the Division of Internal Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Gary Stein, MBA, Board Member, Families Fighting Flu
- Carolyn Bridges, MD, FACP, Director for Adult Immunization and Moderator for this webinar
- Kelly L. Moore, MD, MPH, President and Chief Financial Officer
- L.J Tan, MS, PhD, Chief Policy and Partnerships Officer and Co-chair, National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit
This webinar is supported by IAC and a vaccine education grant from Seqirus, Inc.