Date: May 8, 2020
Time: 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM Central
Please Join James W. Carroll, Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy,
U.S. Surgeon General Jerome Adams, and Senior Administration Officials
James W. Carroll, J.D., Director, White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- VADM Jerome Adams, M.D., M.P.H., U.S. Surgeon General
- Elinore McCance-Katz, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Secretary for Mental Health and Substance Use, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Uttam Dhillon, J.D., Acting Administrator, Drug Enforcement Administration
- Tom Engels, Administrator, Health Resources and Services Administration
- Kim Brandt J.D., Principal Deputy Administrator for Operations, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
During the COVID-19 crisis, the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP) is leading the effort to ensure continuity of care for people with substance use disorder. The Trump Administration is mobilizing the Federal government to ensure the approximately 20 million Americans who struggle with the disease of addiction can access and continue to receive treatment and recovery support services, while keeping themselves and healthcare professionals safe from unnecessary exposure to COVID-19.
During this webinar, Administration officials will share the unprecedented steps that have been taken to vastly expand telehealth infrastructure, dramatically increase regulatory flexibilities, and distribute emergency funds to support state and local behavioral health and substance use disorder treatment programs.
The ONDCP Public Health, Education and Treatment team hopes to utilize this webinar to communicate the Administration’s continued dedication to ensuring that prevention, treatment and recovery services remain in place and serving those who need them during this critical time.
Please Register By 5/7: Participants will receive instructions on accessing the event after RSVPing to the following link: https://ems9.intellor.com?do=register&t=1&p=901528
You may share this invitation with colleagues. Space is limited, so register early. We encourage those from the same organization to dial in together when possible.