Date: April 28, 2022
Join the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for a Public Listening Session on the CMS Rural Health Strategy “Refresh” for CMS Regions 5, 7 and 8
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
Time: 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM EDT
Review the Current CMS Rural Health Strategy Here.
The CMS Rural Health Council is hosting a public, virtual listening session for CMS Regions 5, 7, and 8 on May 10, 2022 to hear your feedback on its current Rural Health Strategy.
The CMS Rural Health Strategy was developed in 2018 with input from rural communities, and focuses on five objectives to advance rural health:
- Apply a rural lens to CMS programs and policies
- Improve access to care through provider engagement and support
- Advance telehealth and telemedicine
- Empower patients in rural communities to make decisions about their healthcare
- Leverage partnerships to achieve the goals of the CMS Rural Health Strategy
To ensure the CMS Rural Health Strategy reflects the needs and priorities of those living and working in rural and frontier communities, including Tribal Nations and U.S. territories, CMS invites you to join a listening session to provide your feedback on its current Rural Health Strategy and help improve CMS’s approach to advancing rural health.
Individuals with lived experience receiving healthcare or supporting healthcare service delivery in rural communities, including Tribal Nations and U.S. territories, are encouraged to attend the listening session for their respective region to provide real-time feedback.
**Prior to the listening session, you are encouraged to review the CMS Rural Health Strategy, and be prepared to speak to the following topic areas during the call:**
- What can CMS do to advance health equity for rural and frontier communities, including Tribal Nations and U.S. territories?
- Which of the CMS Rural Health Strategy objectives should CMS continue to prioritize?
- What is missing from the current CMS Rural Health Strategy objectives?
The listening session can accommodate up to 500 participants, so register early to guarantee your participation.
If you have any questions about the CMS Rural Health Strategy listening sessions, please send to: RuralHealth@cms.hhs.gov.