Date: January 13, 2022
Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program: What you need to know
The deadline to submit your application is Thursday, January 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Nurse Corps received additional funding through the American Rescue Plan and expects to make more awards this year!
There is also special funding set aside for nurses specializing in behavioral health, women’s health, and public health.
Before you apply
Review the requirements:
- You are a:
- Licensed registered nurse;
- Advanced practice registered nurse, such as a nurse practitioner; or
- Nurse faculty member with qualifying nursing debt.
- You received your nursing education from an accredited school of nursing located in a U.S. state or territory.
- You work full-time in:
- An eligible Critical Shortage Facility (CSF) in a high need area (RNs, APRNs); check to see if yours is approved by searching the Health Workforce Connector.
- An accredited school of nursing.
- You have unpaid educational loans.
- Submit your application through the Customer Service Portal
- Upload all required supporting documentation:
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship, U.S. National, or Lawful Permanent Resident;
- Authorization to Release Information;
- School transcripts;
- Employment Verification Form
- Loan Documents.
All decisions regarding FY 2022 Nurse Corps LRP applications will be made by September 30, 2022.
- Learn more by visiting the Nurse Corps LRP and read the Application and Program Guidance before you apply.
- Watch the recorded application webinar.
Customer Care Center
For application-related questions call 1-800-221-9393 (TTY: 1-877-897-9910) Monday through Friday (except federal holidays), 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.