Date: April 8, 2022
MCOH Webinar: A New Side to Preventive Oral Health Care – Increasing HPV Vaccination
Webinar Date: April 22, 2022
Time: 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
There are no fees for CEs or attendance, but you must register for this webinar by sending your name, address and email address to email@example.com
Registrants will receive a link for the webinar a few days prior to the meeting. Please save the date on your calendar now.
Eight out of ten of us will be infected with Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) sometime in our lifetime. More importantly, dental professionals may be the first to identify the signs of oropharyngeal cancers (OPC). Are you aware that 70% of Oral and Pharyngeal Cancers (OPCs) are caused by HPV? More than 34,000 cancers can be prevented each year, because over 90% of HPV cancers are preventable through HPV vaccination. Unfortunately, HPV vaccination rates have decreased in Missouri since 2019 and Missouri falls behind the national average. A novel approach to increasing HPV vaccination rates will be presented which has been documented to be highly successful.
- Raise awareness of the importance of the HPV vaccination to prevent oral cancer.
- Teach the dental team how to educate patients on the importance of the HPV vaccination series.
- Increase awareness of the program utilized in New Jersey to boost HPV vaccination rates in Federally Qualified Health Centers and the implementation in Missouri clinics.
Dr. Jacqueline Miller is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and a Fellow of the International College of Dentists and the American College of Dentists. She is a member of the Southwest County Dental Society, the Missouri Society of Orthodontists, Midwestern Society of Orthodontists, American Association of Orthodontists, and the Washington University Orthodontic Study Club. Dr. Miller served 11 years in the Midwestern Society of Orthodontists culminating in serving as the first female president of the Midwestern Society of Orthodontists in 2011. Dr. Miller is a founding member and vice president of the Washington Overseas Medical and Dental Mission. Since 1992, she has organized dental mission trips to third world countries. She helped establish a daycare and dental clinic in Pimienta, Honduras. Dr. Miller received the Spirit of Mercy Physician Award from St. John’s Mercy Hospital in recognition of her many humanitarian activities. In 2016, the American Association of Orthodontists awarded Dr. Miller the “Humanitarian of the Year” and the Midwestern Society of Orthodontists gave Dr. Miller the “Earl E. Shepard Distinguished Service Award” for her service to the Midwestern Society and her volunteer efforts.
Dr. Miller participates yearly in “Give Kids A Smile” and many other local free dental programs. She is also a member of the following associations:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Midwest Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Missouri Dental Association
- Greater St. Louis Dental Society
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthodontics
- College of Diplomates, American Board of Orthodontics
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- World Federation of Orthodontics
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Washington University Study Club
This speaker has declared no commercial conflict of interest relative to this presentation.