The 2018 National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP) will be on Tuesday, August 29, 2017.
The S2S LRP is open to medical (MD or DO) and dental students (DDS or DMD) in their final year of a U.S. accredited school who are planning to pursue a career in primary care.
Participants receive up to $120,000 (tax free) in exchange for at least three years of full-time service at an NHSC-approved site in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA).
Upon completion of residency for medical students (dental residency is encouraged but not required), recipients must engage in 3 years of full-time or 6 years of half-time clinical practice at one or more NHSC-approved service sites located in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) of greatest need.
- Learn more about the S2S LRP, including eligibility requirements and selection criteria, as well as the rights and responsibilities of individuals selected to participate.
- Create a Federal Student Aid ID before beginning the application process to electronically import your Federal loan information for your application.
- Gather documentation you will need to submit with your application:
- Loan information
- School transcript
- Verification of good standing
- Proof of passing Step/Level 1 of USMLE/COMLEX or Part I of the National board Dental Examination
- Letters of recommendation
- CV or resume
Know someone that might also be interested in the S2S LRP program? Encourage them to sign up to get notified when the application cycle opens!