March 19, 2018
Available MAT Waiver Training
No-Cost Half & Half | THREE LOCATIONS
Opioid STR, in partnership with the Missouri Coalition for Community Behavioral Healthcare, is providing an 8-hour MAT Waiver Course. This course is different from the traditional 8-hour live course, as the first 4 hours will be in person and second 4 hours will be individual online work.
Once you complete the first 4-hour live training, you will receive an email from AAAP with a link for the other 4 hours of individual work. Once that work is completed, they will send you a certificate of completion.
Note that while medical residents can take the waiver training, they will not be able to apply until they have a personal DEA number and an unrestricted medical license.
If you obtain your buprenorphine waiver following this course, you (or your agency) are likely eligible to receive $500 reimbursement for your time.
Scheduled Trainings (all trainings are 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.):
- May 12, 2018 | Columbia, MO | Register online now: https://katiehorst.wufoo.com/forms/z1tvvupa07j2szu/
- June 2, 2018 | St. Louis, MO | Register online now: https://katiehorst.wufoo.com/forms/znhsvbd1udf6xj/
- September 29, 2018 | Kansas City, MO | Register online now: https://katiehorst.wufoo.com/forms/z1h3ax300k39net/
NP & PA’s – this coursework will go toward your 24 hours of training. If you complete this, you can go online and finish the other 16 hours of work to get your certificate. The link below will take you directly to the registration page for the other 16 hours of training
After completion of the required training:
- Participants must submit a Notice of Intent form (NOI; link provided after training)
- Participants must submit their certificate of completion (provided after completing the training, verifies coursework completion)
- Once participants receive their waiver, upload to https://katiehorst.wufoo.com/forms/z1fglcxq1u8h0fg/ to receive $500 reimbursement, if applicable, and connect with clinics in Missouri in need of your services
Ongoing mentorship and support:
- PCSS-MAT has a comprehensive library of materials with continuing education, available at no cost for healthcare providers. PCSS-MAT also has a no-cost clinical coaching/mentoring program to provide one-on-one clinical expertise for primary care providers. You can post a question to a listserv with an addiction specialist and be matched with an addiction specialist.
- Additionally, the Missouri STR team has local buprenorphine-waivered and experienced physician and NP consultants available to meet individually or respond to queries by phone or online. Email Philip Horn (email@example.com), STR Project Manager, to connect with someone.
For questions or additional information please contact:
Training & Event Manager
Missouri Coalition for Community Behavioral Healthcare
221 Metro Drive | Jefferson City, MO 65109
Phone: 573.634.4626, ext. 110