Date: April 4, 2022
New Funding Opportunity Available!
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) released this new Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to strengthen the public health workforce by providing support to organizations to develop scholarship programs that incentivize individuals to pursue careers in public health. Through the PHSP, scholarship recipients will gain the requisite knowledge and skills necessary to prevent, prepare for, and respond to recovery activities related to COVID–19, as well as other public health emergencies.
This program will provide funds to award recipients to provide scholarships to individuals, including grant recipient employees, receiving training in professional, graduate, and/or certificate programs in public health.
HRSA will award approximately $39 million to 26 grantees.
- Applicants will be required to have an existing public health training program as well as public health partnerships in place, along with a system for scholarship recipients to maintain or be transitioned into employment in public health upon completion of their training.
- a health professions school, including an accredited school or program of public health, health administration, preventive medicine, or dental public health or a school providing health management programs;
- an academic health center;
- a state or local government; or
- any other appropriate public or private nonprofit entity.
The application deadline is June 1, 2022.
Want to read the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO)?
- Visit HRSA 22-122 on Grants.gov
- Click ‘Package’
- Click ‘Preview’
- Click ‘Download Instructions’