Learning Series: Advancing Equity in Maternal & Infant Health
The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA), Office of Intergovernmental and External Affairs and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ (HHS), Office of the Assistant Secretary for Health invite you to a learning series on Advancing Equity in Maternal & Infant Health.
This three-part series will define health equity, highlight disparities in maternal and infant health outcomes among disproportionally affected populations in Region 7 (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska), and identify systemic issues that are contributing to these health disparities. The sessions will engage participants in interactive discussions to identify strategies to improve maternal and infant health equity among communities of color and marginalized and rural populations, as well as strategies for addressing systemic issues in health care organizations that may adversely impact maternal and infant health.
Session Dates and Times
- Session 1: November 2, 2021 | 2 pm – 3 pm CT
- Session 2: December 7, 2021 | 2 pm – 3 pm CT
- Session 3: January 11, 2022 | 2 pm – 3 pm CT
Topics at a Glance
- Define health equity and health disparities in the context of maternal and infant health.
- Discuss maternal and infant health data in Region 7 including maternal mortality, severe maternal morbidity, preterm birth rates, and infant mortality.
- Identify systemic issues that contribute to disparities in maternal and infant health outcomes in Region 7.
- Identify strategies to improve health equity among communities of color and marginalized and rural populations.
- Identify strategies for addressing systemic issues in health care organizations that adversely impact maternal and infant health.
- Elizabeth Lewis, MPA, WHNP-BC, MSN, BSN, RN, Director of Maternal & Infant Health Initiatives, March of Dimes
- Christian I.J. Minter, MSLIS, Manager of Maternal & Infant Health Initiatives, March of Dimes
Register for the webinar here. Registration for this series is limited and each webinar in the series builds on the previous session. Participants are asked to commit to attending all three sessions in the series. After registering, you will receive the confirmation email containing information about joining the learning series.
For questions about the series, please contact Rae Hutchison at CHutchison@hrsa.gov.