Date: December 6, 2021
Reminder – Roundtable on the CMS Innovation Center Health Equity Strategy this Wednesday, December 8, 2021
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Innovation Center invites you to listen to a special roundtable discussion about the Center’s strategic objective to Advance Health Equity this Wednesday, December 8 from 1:30-3:00pm ET – Register here.
This roundtable is in follow-up to the release of the CMS Innovation Center’s recently published white paper Driving Health System Transformation – A Strategy for the CMS Innovation Center’s Second Decade. It will be an opportunity to hear from thought leaders in the areas of health equity and health care about their perspectives on what the CMS Innovation Center should prioritize when building models to eliminate health inequities; how the Center can better support self-reported demographics and social needs data collection; and ways the Center can help safety net providers overcome obstacles to participating in value-based, accountable care models.
Roundtable speakers will include:
- Mayra Alvarez; President, The Children’s Partnership
- Alice Chen; Chief Medical Officer, Covered California
- Carrie Cochran-McClain; Chief Policy Officer, National Rural Health Association
- Sinsi Hernández-Cancio; Vice President, Health Justice, National Partnership for Women and Families
- Cara James; President and CEO, Grantmakers in Health
- Veronica Mallett; President and CEO, Meharry Medical College Ventures
- Benjamin Money, Jr.; Senior Vice President, Public Health Priorities, National Association of Community Health Centers
- Kara Odom Walker; Executive Vice President and Chief Population Health Officer, Nemours Health System
- Thomas Sequist; Chief Patient Experience and Equity Officer, Mass General Brigham; Professor of Medicine and Health Care Policy, Harvard Medical School
- Karthik Sivashanker; Vice President, Equitable Health Systems Innovation in the American Medical Association Center for Health Equity, American Medical Association
Additionally, CMS welcomes your written comments about the CMS Innovation Center’s health equity strategy objective. Written comments may be submitted at CMMIStrategy@cms.hhs.gov; please use “HEALTH EQUITY ROUNDTABLE” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about the CMS Innovation Center’s new strategy and the future of value-based care:
- Visit the CMS Innovation Center Strategic Direction webpage
- CMS White Paper on CMS Innovation Center’s Strategy: Driving Health System Transformation – A Strategy for the CMS Innovation Center’s Second Decade
Sign up for the CMS Innovation Center listserv for details on future listening sessions, model updates, and more and follow us on Twitter.