- Congress Introduces Improved Telehealth for Underserved Communities Act
H.R. 6792 Allows RHCs to be Paid AIR for Telehealth Visits
On May 8th, Representative Adrian Smith (R-NE) and Representative Tom O’Halleran (D-AZ) introduced the Improving Telehealth for Underserved Communities Act.
The National Association of Rural Health Clinics (NARHC) strongly endorses this legislation and we sincerely thank Rep. Smith and Rep. O’Halleran for their leadership on this issue. Both members were instrumental in getting the law changed to allow rural health clinics (RHCs) and federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) to bill as distant site providers, and now they are leading the way on improving our deeply problematic telehealth billing methodology. Read More
- Financial Programs for RHCs During COVID-19 PandemicThe federal government recognizes that the health care industry is in the midst of both a public health crisis and a financial crisis and while it may or may not be enough, they have appropriated $175 billion thus far to keep our industry afloat. This $175 billion has been split into multiple allocations for different purposes and it comes on top of other programs, such as the Paycheck Protection Program and the Medicare Accelerated Payment Program.
Thankfully, due to the efforts of the RHC community and NARHC, RHCs have been largely included in these various programs. Read More
- NARHC’s Educational OpportunitiesCertified RHC Professional (CRHCP) Training – Fall 2020
Registration Opens August 1st, 2020
This extensive ONLINE TRAINING will prepare the learner to successfully run a Rural Health Clinic. The learner will gain full spectrum, in-depth knowledge of basic rules, regulations, and laws regarding RHCs from this course. The roughly 10-15 study hours may be done nights, weekends, or whenever as long as it’s completed before Oct. 26, 2020. Those who complete the coursework & pass the final exam will be awarded the prestigious CRHCP credential.
* * * *
Introduction to RHCs Course
Registration Always Open!
This brief course is an orientation tool to learn about RHC basics. It’s a high-level overview of managing RHC vs Non-RHC, best practices for RHC managers, understanding the value of being a RHC, the history of the RHC program, and how the NARHC came to be.
COST: NARHC Member FREE! Non-Member $50 Read More
- CMS Videos, Webinars & MLN Matters of Note
- Medicare Coverage & Payment of Virtual Services for Telehealth – Video from CMS
- Coronavirus Waivers & Flexibilities – The latest information can be found in the MLN Matters Article SE20011
Lessons from the Front Lines: COVID-19 – Webinar, Friday, May 15, 12:30 PM-2:00 PM Eastern Read More
- In Case You Missed It…NARHC is Hard At Work
These are certainly extraordinary times. Dealing with the coronavirus pandemic these past few months has been and continues to be very challenging for everyone, especially those of us in RHCs. Keeping abreast of ever-changing legislation and guidance is more imperative now than ever! Just know that NARHC is here for you, we’ve got your back, and continue to advocate on behalf of all RHCs.
Check the “News” tab on the narhc.org website frequently for the latest RHC news and like our FB page. Pay attention to dates on the news tab articles–guidance changes frequently. Here are a few from the last month. Read More\
- Nominations Sought for the Ron Nelson AwardNARHC’S HIGHEST HONOR
NARHC’s Annual Award recognizes and honors an outstanding leader and promoter of RHCs in the spirit of Ron Nelson. Nominate individuals who have dedicated their time and talent as he did to advancing the health and well-being of others through the RHC program.
Nominations will be accepted from NARHC members through June 30th. Recipients though do not have to be NARHC members. This sign of our deep appreciation and national distinction will be awarded at the NARHC Annual Meeting in October. Learn more about this outstanding man, his accomplishments & the award, Read More
- Discover the Online World of NovitasphereNovitas, the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) for Jurisdiction H and Jurisdiction L, offers many ways to conduct your day-to-day Medicare business through Novitasphere, our free, secure internet portal. Novitasphere offers a world of timesaving features and easily connects you directly to Novitas Solutions in order receive instant access to:
- Obtain beneficiary eligibility and obtain the Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI)
- Submit claims and retrieve electronic claim reports
- Check claim status
- Retrieve and print remittance advices
- Perform claim corrections and report claims as billed in error
- Submit appeal requests
- And much more!
- 2020 NARHC Fall InstituteSheraton Phoenix Downtown
October 26-28, 2020 (M-W noon)
The conference “for & about” RHCs
NARHC is closely monitoring the evolution of the Coronavirus and we are hopeful that we will be able to hold the live conference in October. Watch for more details to be posted at a later date. Read More
- THROW YOUR HAT IN THE RING2021 NARHC Board of Director Candidates Sought
If you would be interested in running for the 2021 NARHC Board of Directors, we’re looking for a few dynamic leaders!
There will be 3 openings for the 3-year term that starts Jan. 1, 2021. These positions are voted upon by the NARHC membership at the Annual Meeting held in Phoenix in Oct. & via absentee ballot beforehand.
You must be affiliated with a current NARHC member RHC or organization in order to run and serve. Application deadline is June 30. Read More
- Addition of the QW ModifierPROCEDURE CODING SYSTEM (HCPCS) CODE U0002 AND 87635
This article informs you about the addition of the QW modifier to HCPCS code U0002 (2019-
nCoV Coronavirus, SARS-CoV-2/2019-nCoV (COVID-19), any technique, multiple types or
subtypes (includes all targets), non-CDC) and 87635 [Infectious agent detection by nucleic acid
(DNA or RNA); severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (Coronavirus
disease [COVID-19]), amplified probe technique]. Read More