Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule: Understanding 4 Key Topics Listening Session
Thursday, August 13 from 1:30 ET to 3 pm ET
Register for Medicare Learning Network events.
Proposed changes to the CY 2021 Physician Fee Schedule are aimed at reducing burden, recognizing clinicians for the time they spend taking care of patients, removing unnecessary measures, and making it easier for clinicians to be on the path towards value-based care. During this listening session, CMS experts briefly cover provisions from the proposed rule and address your clarifying questions to help you formulate your written comments for formal submission:
- Extending telehealth and licensing flexibilities beyond the public health emergency
- Updating Evaluation and Management (E/M) coding guidance
- Updating the Quality Payment Program/MIPS Value Pathways
- Updating opioid use disorder/substance use disorder provisions
We encourage you to review the following materials prior to the call:
- Proposed rule
- Press release
- Physician Fee Schedule proposed rule fact sheet
- Quality Payment Program proposed rule fact sheet
Note: feedback received during this listening session is not a substitute for your formal comments on the rule. See the proposed rule for information on submitting these comments by October 5.
Target Audience: Medicare Part B fee-for-service clinicians; office managers and administrators; state and national associations that represent health care providers; and other stakeholders.