June 1, 2023
Apply Now! Funding Opportunity for Health Equity Researchers, up to 3 grants totaling up to $1 Million
Are you a health equity researcher at a minority-serving institution who is looking for funding? This opportunity is for you!
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Office of Minority Health’s (CMS OMH) Minority Research Grant Program (MRGP) proudly announces a Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO), grant number CMS-1W1-23-001, for researchers conducting health equity research at minority-serving institutions (MSIs).
If you are a researcher at one of the eligible minority-serving institutions (MSI), you could receive up to $333,000 to fund your health equity research. The goal of the program is to support research that explores disparities affecting racial and ethnic minorities, people with disabilities, sexual and gender minorities, persons who live in rural areas, and persons otherwise adversely affected by persistent poverty or inequality.
CMS will award up to 3 grants, totaling up to $1 Million for eligible MSIs.
Eligible MSIs include:
- Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institutions (AANAPISIs)
- Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs)
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs)
- Newly eligible in 2023:
- Predominantly Black Colleges (PBCs)
- Native American Serving Non-Tribal Institutions (NASNTIs)
- Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian-Serving Institutions (ANNHSIs)
View FAQ Document
Don’t miss your opportunity to APPLY NOW for the MRGP and partner with CMS to grow your research credentials, increase public knowledge of health equity, and join the ranks of other published MRGP awardees.
The deadline to submit application is Wednesday, July 12, 2023, at 3 p.m. ET