June 30, 2023
Faculty Loan Repayment Program Application Deadline Extended
The Faculty Loan Repayment Program application deadline has been EXTENDED until Thursday, July 13 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Check out the trending questions received by the Health Resources Services Administration (HRSA) in last week’s Q & A session to help you finish your application.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between the Faculty Loan Repayment Program and the Nurse Faculty Loan Program?
- The Faculty Loan Repayment Program is a loan repayment program for individuals serving as faculty members (including nurse faculty) at a health professions school. The Nurse Faculty Loan Program is a grant program for nursing schools that offer scholarships to nursing students who intend to serve as nurse faculty.
- How do I prove a disadvantaged background?
- You must submit official documentation indicating that you come from an economically or environmentally disadvantaged background. You are encouraged to submit the Faculty Loan Repayment Program’s Disadvantaged Background Form (available in the online application), signed by a school official from a school you previously attended, as the official document.
- If my university denies matching, will I still be eligible?
- Yes. For institutions that are unable to provide matching loan repayments, applicants must provide an official letter from the employer requesting a full or partial waiver explaining the undue financial hardship.
- If my employer only issues one-year contracts, am I eligible?
- You must be employed by your site for two years; if your contract does not show two years, we will accept documentation from your employer on official letterhead stating their intent to employ you for a minimum of two years.
- Can I work at a for-profit health professions school?
- Employing schools of nursing and physician assistant programs are eligible if they are accredited public, private non-profit, or private for-profit. Employing schools for all other eligible health disciplines must be accredited non-profit to be eligible.
- Can I make changes to my application after it is submitted?
- No, you cannot make changes to your application once you have submitted it. Please check your application and documents prior to submission.
Before you apply:
- Read the 2023 Faculty Loan Repayment Application and Program Guidance (PDF – 482 KB). It has the information you need to complete your application.
- Check out the Application Checklist to help you submit your application by the deadline
Start Your Application:
- If you do not have one, create a Bureau of Health Workforce Customer Service Portal account.
- If you have a BHW Customer Service Portal account, select Appling for the Faculty Loan Repayment Program and log in.
For more information and resources, please review the Faculty Loan Repayment Program webpage.