June 1, 2023
Funding Opportunity: Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention (NEPQR) – Simulation Education Training (SET) Program – HRSA-23-129
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) released a new Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to advance the health of patients, families, and communities in rural or medically underserved areas nationwide.
The Nurse Education, Practice, Quality and Retention (NEQPR)-Simulation Education Training (SET) Program aims to increase the number and capacity of nursing students to address the health care needs and improve patient outcomes of rural and/or medically underserved populations.
- Implement or expand academic-clinical partnerships to create experiential learning opportunities that prepare nursing students to efficiently address health equity for rural and underserved populations.
- Increase the diversity of the nursing workforce to better address the needs of the populations they serve by recruiting and supporting students and faculty, including those from diverse populations.
Eligible applicants include:
- Accredited schools of nursing
- Health care facilities, or a partnership of such a school or facility
- Domestic community-based organizations
- Tribes and tribal organizations
HRSA will award approximately $10.5 million to up to 22 grantees over a period of 3 years. Please view the NOFO for complete eligibility information.
The application deadline is July 3, 2023.
View Announcement Here