:January 5, 2024
HRSA Targeted Technical Assistance for Rural Hospitals – Apply by January 31
Applications are being accepted to receive two years of technical assistance through this Federal Office of Rural Health Policy (FORHP) supported program for rural hospitals struggling to maintain health care services. The Targeted Technical Assistance for Rural Hospitals Program (TTAP) offers comprehensive technical assistance to rural hospitals to address financial and operational challenges and assist rural communities with maintaining essential health services.
Selected hospitals are supported through a systematic and evidence-based process for identifying, prioritizing and implementing short-term, mid-range and long-term strategies for positioning their organizations for financial sustainability.
During their tenure in the program, hospitals receive comprehensive technical assistance in:
- financial and operational assessment,
- financial sustainability planning,
- strategy implementation,
- monitoring and evaluation.
- applications accepted on a rolling basis until the program is at capacity
- applicants not selected may be considered for future cohorts
- cohorts of 4-6 hospitals enrolled annually
- each cohort will participate in the program for a 2-year period with an additional year of follow-up
Technical assistance for this project is provided by the Center for Public Health Practice and Research at the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University and will begin March 2024.