November 17, 2023
National Health Service Corps Students to Service Loan Repayment Program
Approaching your final year of school and need help paying off your debt? Consider applying for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program. Medical, physician assistant, nursing and dental students can get money for school loans in exchange for serving in a community of need.
Receive up to $120,000, in addition to a competitive salary and benefits, for three years of full-time service or part-time for six years. This year, there is an additional $40,000 supplement for medical students who commit to providing OB/GYN services in a maternity care target area.
The NHSC is currently accepting applications for the program through Thursday, December 7, 7:30 p.m. ET.
- 2024 Students to Service Loan Repayment Application and Program Guidance (PDF)
- It has detailed information that you will need to know and what to submit with your application.
- Application Checklist
- To be sure you have everything you need to submit a complete application.
- Important dates
- Maternity Care Provider Supplemental Award
- Up to $40,000 for eligible disciplines – physicians specializing in obstetrics/gynecology or family medicine physicians who practice obstetrics on a regular basis as well as certified nurse midwives