January 5, 2024
NRHA Webinar – Finding Financial Support for Prescription Medications and Understanding the Medicare Reforms to Lower Out-of-Pocket Costs, Thursday, January 25
The inability to pay for essential medical care is not just a significant problem for the uninsured but also for people who have health insurance. Recent polling by the Kaiser Family Foundation finds that 47% of U.S. adults said that it is very or somewhat difficult to afford their healthcare costs and about 50% said they would be unable to pay a $500 unexpected medical bill without borrowing money.
The PAN Foundation serves as a critical safety net for hundreds of thousands of underinsured patients each year. As an independent, national 501(c)(3) organization, PAN helps people across the country get the medications and treatments they need by assisting with their out-of-pocket costs and advocating for improved access, affordability and equity for all.
Join PAN’s Chief Advocacy and Engagement Officer, Amy Niles, as she explores the important role PAN plays every day in connecting patients with the lifesaving care they need and deserve.
During this webinar you will learn:
- How healthcare providers and pharmacists can help their eligible patients find and apply for grants through PAN’s easy-to-use application process
- Review Medicare reforms, now law, that will lower costs for people on Medicare
Attendees will walk away from this webinar with a better understanding about:
- The role of charitable foundation assistance programs and why they are needed
- How to connect patients with assistance through PAN’s disease specific funds
- The Medicare reforms enacted through the Inflation Reduction Act (August 2022) that will improve access to care for millions of people on Medicare
When: Thursday, January 25, 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. CST