January 18, 2024
Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP) (HRSA-24-015) Top 5 FAQs
Q1: Who is eligible to apply for the NFLP grant? Are individuals eligible to apply?
- Applicants must be domestic accredited schools of nursing with advanced nursing education programs. Individuals are not eligible to apply for this grant.
Q2: We are a current NFLP grantee and still have remaining NFLP funds. Can we apply for more funding during the 2024 application cycle?
- You can apply for additional funding if you anticipate needing more funds to support current or prospective student borrowers for the 2024 academic year.
Note: The NFLP is a formula-based program. NFLP funds will be distributed among applicants as formula-payment based awards according to data provided in the application.
Q3: What are some examples of nurse educator development activities that can be supported by the NFLP fund award?
- Examples of nurse educator development activities are (not limited to):
- Mentorship teaching practicum
- Teaching assistantships
- Nurse education focused workshop
- Nurse educator certification preparation
- Nurse educator certification fees
Nurse educator development activities should be incorporated as part of the curriculum/courses. NFLP loan funds can be used to cover the cost of student nurse educator development activities within the course of study, as a reasonable educational expense.
Q4: Can part-time advanced nursing education students receive NFLP loan support? How is enrollment status determined?
- Both part-time and full-time students in advanced nursing education programs can receive NFLP loan support. The determination of part-time or full-time enrollment status is based on institutional policies; the school makes the decision about what constitutes part-time or full-time enrollment status, including semester sequence.
Q5: Can we allocate a part of the NFLP award for personnel, specifically for document processing and managing NFLP program requirements, or is it exclusively for personnel costs related to collections?
- NFLP funds may only be used for students’ loan support except for covering the costs of collection of loaned principals, accrued interest and/or penalty, and cost of student nurse educator development activities as reasonable expenses.
Applications are due by 11:59 p.m. ET on February 5, 2024
Read more about this funding opportunity HRSA-24-015