August 25, 2023
Notice of Funding Opportunity – Early Hearing Detection and Intervention State/Territory Program
This notice announces the opportunity to apply for funding under the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) State/Territory Program (HRSA-24-036).
The purpose of this program is to enhance the state/territory EHDI system infrastructure to improve language acquisition for deaf and hard-of-hearing (DHH) children up to age 3. Funding will support state and territory EHDI systems of services so that DHH newborns, infants, and young children up to age 3 receive appropriate and timely services, including hearing screening, diagnosis, and early intervention (EI).
Who Can Apply
- Any state
- District of Columbia
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Northern Mariana Islands
- American Samoa
- S. Virgin Islands
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Republic of Palau
In addition, you can apply if:
- Your organization is in the United States and is:
- Public or private, non-profit
- Tribal (governments, organizations, as those terms are defined at 25 U.S.C. § 450b)
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized) are eligible
- Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments) are eligible.
Apply by November 6, 2023