January 18, 2024
NRHA Webinar on ER Behavior Health
The National Rural Health Association (NRHA) partner HFG Architecture will host a webinar at 2 p.m. CST January 23 on ER designs to accommodate behavior issues.
Emergency rooms serve as a single-entry point for a variety of patients into a hospital. From sick children and expecting mothers to victims of violent crime and traumatic incidents, the ER has to accommodate a wide range of needs and increasingly this includes behavioral health patients. Intentional design is critical to the overall safety of hospital staff, patients and visitors.
When designing emergency rooms for behavioral health patients, preserving security for patients and staff security should be the number one priority. Crucial security considerations during design include:
- Direct linking of the ED to the behavioral health ward
- Controlling access to all spaces
- Anti-ligature and tamper-proof features
- Limiting or enhancing patient privacy with clear sight lines, depending on patient acuity
- Administration of bathroom access
- Designing nurse stations close by the ED holding rooms
These elements and more will be discussed in this lecture by two subject matter experts.
When: January 23, 2 p.m. EST
Cost: No charge