May 30, 2023
OMH Announces New Funding Opportunity: MP-CPI-004 – Health Families Community-Based Perinatal Health Initiative
The Office of Minority Health (OMH) is seeking applications for projects funded under the Healthy Families Community-Based Perinatal Health Initiative (COPHI), MP-CPI-23-004 to develop innovative models for integrating community-based maternal support services (COMSS) into perinatal systems of care.
OMH will award up to $10,000,000 to support up to 10 awards, ranging from $975,000 to $1,250,000 annually for a project period of up to four years with the possibility of an optional competitive fifth year for transition to sustainability.
COMSS are social and supportive services that address social determinants of health (SDOH), such as health literacy; pregnancy, childbirth, and parenting education; cultural and linguistic diversity; exposure to trauma; housing, food, and transportation.
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- Independent school districts
- State governments
- Native American tribal governments (Federally recognized)
- Public housing authorities/Indian housing authorities
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- County governments
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments
- Nonprofits that do not have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
A technical assistance webinar for potential applicants will be held on June 1 at 3:00 pm ET.
Register for webinar