October 17, 2023
AHRQ Free Health Literacy Toolkits and Guides
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) offers Free information to promote organizational policies and procedures which can foster the inclusion of patients and family while creating collaborative partnerships with other providers.
- Guide to Patient and Family Engagement in Hospital Quality and Safety
- This tool focuses on strategies for promoting patient and family engagement in hospital safety and quality of care.
- Guide to Improving Patient Safety in Primary Care Settings by Engaging Patients and Families
- The guide focuses on developing approaches to improve patient safety in primary care settings by engaging patients and families.
- Improving Your Office Testing Process: Patient Engagement Survey
- The survey can help assess patients’ understanding of their tests and their knowledge about what they should do after receiving test results.
- Toolkit for Engaging Patients to Improve Diagnostic Safety
- An important tool designed to promote enhanced communication and information sharing within the patient-provider encounter to help patients, families, and health professionals work together as partners to improve diagnostic safety.
- Toolkit to Educate and Engage Residents and Family Members
- This is one of four toolkits in the Nursing Home Antimicrobial Stewardship Guide. It helps a nursing home encourage an open and respectful dialogue between nurses and prescribing clinicians and residents and their family members and helps residents and family members participate in their care.