October 17, 2023
Funding Opportunity – Early Hearing Detection and Intervention State/Territory Program – HRSA-24-036
This notice announces the opportunity to apply for funding under the Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) State/Territory Program. The purpose of this program is to enhance the state/territory EHDI system infrastructure to improve language acquisition for deaf and hard-of-hearing (DHH) children up to age 3. Funding will support state and territory EHDI systems of services so that DHH newborns, infants, and young children up to age 3 receive appropriate and timely services, including hearing screening, diagnosis, and early intervention (EI).
Who Can Apply?
- Any state
- District of Columbia
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Northern Mariana Islands
- American Samoa
- S. Virgin Islands
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Republic of Palau
In addition, you can apply if your organization is in the United States and is:
- Public or private, non-profit
- Tribal (governments, organizations, as those terms are defined at 25 U.S.C. § 450b)
- Native American tribal governments (federally recognized) are eligible
- Native American tribal organizations (other than federally recognized tribal governments) are eligible.
Watch the August 23, 2023 technical assistance webinar for more information
Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions for this funding
Applications are Due November 6, 2023